澳洲Australia property Laws Auction kitchen quality? Engineered
在澳大利亚 I need some advice regarding a property purchase. Property - semi-detached house Bedrooms - 2 Condition - average needs internal reno to modernise Street - one of the best in suburb Location - excellent Close to schools - yes Transport - 50m The pool at of an IP needs to be resurfaced (or so the pool doctor says), the cost was estimated to be $10K ($10,000), after recoverying from my impresssion of a cat coughing up a fur ball, it just seems far too much. Its just a standard poo
Just went down to Laws Auction in Wetherill Park yesterday. When browsing around, i decided to get a quote since the MD there said would take about 5 minutes.
Previously i had a quote (the cheapest from a joinery) for a 13 cabinet U-Shape melamine kitchen without benchtop for $3.7k! No installation either.
- for the same above but in poly $8.2k
- Benchtop Caesar stone (40mm) or Quantum Quartz - Add $3.5k
Sitting down with Laws Auction the quote came to only $6k!
- installed (Installation is only $450 unlike $80 or $90 per cabinet)
- granite or Caesar like (40mm) -- "engineered stones"
- including the buyer's premium too!
- that is really cheap!
Talking with the MD, the caesar or granite is actually an 'engineered stone' import and not a 'Caesarstone' made here.
I do have the following questions and wondering if anyone has have experience with them?
1. Has anyone had a custom built cabinet from Laws? If so, how is their level of quality and finishes?
2. Where there any issues with their 'engineered stones'? Quality of finish? The showroom benches weren't polished to perfection (you could still see 2 slab joins), and also the undermount sinks weren't cut out exactly to fit the undermount...
I am very surprised at the price...
can't speak for the installer, but engineered stone is much more reliable and less prone to chipping than "real" stone.
Laws Auction - quality of bench tops/ stone
I spoke to some benchtop installers and they have mentioned that it is not common to find their engineered granite or stones not perfectly level (the stones are made in China, cut and polished and then shipped over). In some cases up to 20% of the shipment either bowed or did not line up properly at the joins. And thats from at least 2 sources (maybe they were trying to sell me their own slabs). I have yet to go back to Laws and ask for their version and quality guarantee.
The benchtop for a U shape kitchen (requiring at least 2 slabs) was quoted for <$1200-1300.
Bumping this thread to see, how many others have had their kitchen or stones from them.