在澳大利亚 The pool at of an IP needs to be resurfaced (or so the pool doctor says), the cost was estimated to be $10K ($10,000), after recoverying from my impresssion of a cat coughing up a fur ball, it just seems far too much. Its just a standard poo I need some advice regarding a property purchase. Property - semi-detached house Bedrooms - 2 Condition - average needs internal reno to modernise Street - one of the best in suburb Location - excellent Close to schools - yes Transport - 50m
Had some time to kill whilst fighting off a cold the last few nights; couldn’t sleep properly and Home Shopping shows at 1AM just aren’t that interesting. On the bright side Victoria Principal and Cindy Crawford look great for their age and I've learnt that sheer something or other does wonders to hide your flaws.
There are a number of newbie threads on the forum and also more recently, feedback from members regarding such repeated questions. The below may assist?
Hopefully some of the Lurkers visiting the site turn into members and contribute to the Forum, as without continual building of the membership and knowledge base and without any new posts here, none of the Members will have a reason to return and the community here will fail. I like to think of the place as my morning newspaper and it's catered to my investing interests
As Dazz once put it in reply to another member
Quote:Dazz said: ↑
Originally Posted by QuyenAn2002
I don't want to see some sort of drawn out debate on thisClick to expand...
Unfortunately Quyen, there's not much else to do on the good ship SS. Click to expand...Lurkers and Newbies are like a new kid at school- you don't know anyone yet, so you observe the other kids interact amongst themselves, you build up the courage to try to strike up a conversation or find a common thread of interest with this new group as you see where you can fit in and have some fun, whilst you contemplate the risks of rejection and asking, or doing something percieved as dumb by your peers.
Some kids may know that feeling and invite you in...others may have a crack at your expense, it's all part of the assimilation process with a large group
There’s some great links below which should assist the newbies
- Property Investment FAQs
- Top Threads - Property Investment General
- Acronym, glossary, abbreviation & TLA FAQ
- FAQ: Books & Authors
Looking at the above and reading the forum then had me wondering about the number of Lurker’s who maybe log on and view without participating.
According to Wiki
In Internet culture, a lurker is a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing or other interactive system, but rarely or never participates actively.That and our own viewing behaviour had me interested; so I had a look across the various Somersoft Forum categories to come up with the below list (please someone don’t tell me there was an easy Google way to do this)
Research indicates that "lurkers make up over 90% of online groups" (Nonnecke & Preece 2000). Lack of trust represents one of the reasons explaining lurking behavior (Ridings, Gefen & Arinze 2006).Click to expand...
Where to Buy, Property Finance, Information Resources, A great success story or three, Accounting and Tax Planning strategies, Debate and Controversy, Tips and Tricks of many trades as well as discussion of Interest Rates and the Stock Market or individual shares by the Members here, all apparently rate high and make for great reading by the membership base as well as Lurkers
The below Top 30 List is of the “Most Viewed Threads” across the Somersoft Forum
Title & Views
1. Purchasing in VIC - Frankston Area 90,246 views
2. 5 year fixed rates thread 53,499 views
3. Melton Vic. 48,291 views
4. Somersoft Spreadsheet Collection 44,428 views
5. How I got from just a PPOR to multi millionaire retiree in 5 years using only OPM. 43,549 views
6. Buying in the US 42,073 views
7. How we bought 20 IP's in 5yrs 36,481 views
8. Interest on Interest and Capitalising Interest - the Facts 33,494 views
9. Tell us about your lifestyle (wages, job, age) 32,980 views
10. Strong Growth in Brisbane 29,416 views
11. The off topic thread 27,290 views
12. Rocky, the next big thing ?? 26,230 views
13. BHP where to next? 25,417 views
14. Perth - Madness 25,010 views
15. Installing skirting boards 24,841views
16. here come the drums of a global slowdown.. 24,093 views
17. Derivix- Interest free loans? 23,397 views
18. $2m in 22 months - Rob's story .. 22,999 views
19. Peter Spanns new book title 22,451 views
20. Peter Spann Strategy- Anyone made it? 22,283 views
21. Living off equity – a Reality Check 22,221 views
22. The heat in Melbourne's Inner City Property Market continues 22,188 views
23. Ikea Kitchen Before and After photos 22,123 views
24. What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago that you know now? 22,070 views
25. Young investors - Tell all 21,393 views
26. 23 Properties in Five years 20,911 views
27. Do I need a quantity surveyor? 20,055 views
28. 1 Million in Equity 19,398 views
29. Word of Caution for the newbies 18,708 views
30. Commercial property education 16,734 views
31. Living off Equity - is this still an option? 16,407 views
Yeh, I know there's 31 not 30...but hey, you'll always get more value for money here
Its also worth searching the forum for the gems within and contributing to the Forum, like the hurdler below, you'll make it and its worth the effort
Sensational, thank you!
Have given a few more of them extra views - you may need to update now hehe
wow - thanks for being sick. there are a few threads i had forgotten about that i must revisit now that we are retuning our plan.
Kudo's to you Redwing. Ive been lurking for a little while now.
thanks for that redwing, always great re reading some of the old classics.
Some Classic threads in there and surprisingly, a few that were closed some time ago but still rate highly in the list.
Amazing gap between the Frankston thread and the rest